Subject: Re: BYLTLV
Date: Apr 01, 2003 @ 21:32
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Karolis B."
<kbajoraz@y...> wrote:
> > ok then that appears to bust our surmise that the 6x6m
framed
> > square of everyones land enclosing all 4 of the mentioned
> > elements might be some kind of a legal tridominium
> > as contemplated & seriously entertained following jans
original
> > report in message 3696
>
> No. of course not! the border guards couldn't've told Jan that
they
> were allowing him a legally illegal thing, so came up with
something
> like that. Worse if they actually believed it. It's unbelievable, the
> landlord at an apartment I stayed in Nida, Curonian Spit this
summer
> shared with me her outrage that 2 km stretch of prime
Curonian land
> was "neutral zone". The fact that the LT and the RU border
posts were
> separated by that distance convinced her so. The point on the
beach,
> 1340 m inward from the border, where the Lithuanian border
guard
> stood at guard of the insanly thick border protection zone, was
where
> the prime Curonian no one's land started. I guess it figures for
> border-ignorant people. Couldn't say that the Lithuanian border
> guards usually seem to know where the border is either.

thank you don q for this chain of apparent sequiturs

your agreement or disagreement is duly noted
in case either of these is what you also meant to register
tho i honestly cant tell yet
which if indeed either

so perhaps you will eventually clarify this
tho no matter

> > instead what the square area appears to be is just
> > the project
> > as worked out per article 3 above
> > & any universality inhering in this area appears still to be
purely
> > sentimental & symbolic
>

> yeah, and de facto sometimes too i guess.
>

> > & tho this little quasi triarea has a practical purpose too in
> > facilitating visitation of the tripoint
>
> which happens. (sarcastic)

not me
are you

also just between us clowns
i am not sure i follow all your other sequiturs here yet either
but i am glad you at least seem to think you understand me
better this morning
& may even have had a good nap too

still you also seem to be earnestly & persistently committed to
pointing us toward & even projecting upon us your sense of
tragedy & outrage & sarcasm etc
often quixotically aimed at any apparent authority
or yikes even more quixotically aimed here at bp
& i wonder if you really like tilting at all these windmills
& if so why
or if you wouldnt prefer the relief of just lightening up on such
oppressive illusions
because happily there is nothing here promoting or encouraging
them in any way
so far as i can tell

rather
i would suggest if i may
as an alternative try pointing technique
to come tilt with us instead at all these new improved multiple
yet completely painless windmills of ours

& when not tilting at these the multipoints directly
certainly continue to carry on about anything you like
but if any side topic or reaction doesnt feel good to you
then rather than offering it to us to feel not good in turn
which is not really much of a favor to us anyway
just consider it irrelevant & extraneous here at bp
& a misorientation or navigational error at try pointing
which it evidently really is
or would be if you pursued it

> > as we have seen
> > there does not appear to be any actual multidominium here
yet

> > also there really is no discernible difference in the byltlv
> position
> > depicted in jespers 2 map swatches above
> > ref message 9496
> > but only in the general alignment of the bylt boundary
> >

> I would also think the the TP did not change. It was simply
searched
> out by BYans LTians and LVians as shown on soviet maps
and pointed at
> on the ground, since soviet internal borders suely weren't
marked in
> any way (are you kidding, US states seldom have these,

only hawaii lacks these
& practically every other state has hundreds of them
tho this fact is for all i can tell neither here nor there anyway
since it is admittedly hard to follow your train of thought
or see the eventual point to it
unless
aha
unless
this is your idea of ironic symmetry
in which case i grant it is a pretty funny joke

any symbol of
> nationality/sovereignty realted division would be heretic in SU).
> put from the point onwards, the BY/LT Republics border
seldom matches
> that of the SSR's.

you just said the soviet internal boundaries surely werent
marked in any way
so i dont yet see how your belief about where these boundaries
might have been located in the past is any more reliable or
authentic than the eventual determinations of them by the
postsoviet boundary commissioners

i mean i dont see how or what actual changes could objectively
& undeniably have occurred under these specific circumstances

i suppose if a tripoint had perceptibly moved
that might have been something to write home about as it were
but short of that
what even minor changes are we or you talking about here
anyway

crystallizations & precipitations perhaps
but changes in alignment as such
even minor ones
i dont yet see how they would even have been perceived
except by people with conflicting maps
or who were already out of touch with reality
a reality which may simply have been
for all i can tell from here
that all these supposed boundaries were just soft frontiers
until they were finally hardened up into real boundaries
by people who presumably meant well & basically did a good job
even if they seemed too arbitrary or even unfair at times in the
eyes of some parties

but nobody said borders are supposed to be a good deal

by & large they are just old military fronts

Minor adjustments, but still, with loss of