Subject: Re: BYLTLV remark
Date: Apr 01, 2003 @ 11:29
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

You're welcome, of course.

Yes, I've seen the pics and read story on Jan's homepage. It was
actually very nice to see that the pictures very nicely matched with
Jesper's second map (or should that be the other way around?...),
like the small turning or parking area at the end of the Belorussian
track. I'm still not sure whether I can see the BY border marker east
of the tripoint, where the Belorussian-Latvian border turns to the
NE. Maybe Jan can say something about it.

Maybe Jan can say something about something else as well. Karolis
pointed out that the border guards wouldn't have allowed Jan to do
anything illegal, i.e. visiting the tripoint on all sides. But if
this little square is indeed NOT cut up into three parts (which Jan's
drawing does suggest anyway), but really is neutral, it should be
written down somewhere... So Jan, what exactly did the border guards
tell you, and do you have any reasons to believe them or not? And if
what they told you, i.e. that it is neutral territory, it the truth,
is there any way of confirming this (in the border treaty perhaps, or
in the Protocol mentioned in my translation)?

Because if it really is neutral, I would find this very special and
interesting! I don't know of any other tripoints where this is the
case.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Peter Hering <hering@m...>