Subject: Re: New Group? Hoo, boy!
Date: Mar 29, 2003 @ 16:56
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

hahahaha
well that explains everything len

a lamentably deplorably frustrated philatelist
& lamentable cocreator of deplorable philatelic ruin
you arrive here a bit dazed
& still deploring & lamenting everything in sight
hahaha
&
what you have learned from history
is to keep right on deploring & lamenting
hahaha
& to entreat us
hahahaha
not to let such a deplorable & lamentable fate happen to you
hahaha
again
hahahaha
hahaha

& really
what do you mean by we

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
<lnadybal@c...> wrote:
> The subject matter of borders, whether we discuss three-way
or four
> way meetings, or circles in the sand or sea or whatever, in the
> context of either geography or politics is so esoteric and small,
> suggesting a split in order to maintain comprehension of the
whole by
> categorizing its parts somehow admits to a lack or limit of
mental
> capacity. It's as though too much breadth damages our
attention spans
> or attacks our patience to the point where pressures to divide
in
> order to manage surface. If a subject isn't of interest, don't
open
> the message. We can keep many threads going at one time.
>
> Divided, we fall.
>
> That's not a personal attack on anyone's mental faculties, but
an
> expression of frustration as to the nature of humanity to not
> recognize when a good thing is going. Why do we take
exemplary
> elements of our society that brings diverse people together,
expose us
> to aspects of a subject we may never have thought about and
break them
> up? Why do we drag exceptionally successful things down to
mediocrity
> through division?
>
> I saw this happen with the usenet group rec.collecting.stamps.
Buy
> and sell offers got to be too much for some who hated
capitalism on
> the net out of principle, so now, we've got
> rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
rec.collecting.stamps.postalhistory,
> rec.collecting.stamps.commerce or something like that. No
one group
> has much of a following anymore, because too many people
have no