Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] CA-US: News story on double stop system
Date: Mar 27, 2003 @ 18:12
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

Exactly. Or, as I keep saying, have a unified North American system.
Canada and the US do so much trade (each others biggest trading parters)
that it would only make sense.

The grumpy, short sighted "no" crowd seems to see this as a loss of
sovereignty. Does the EU make Germany less sovereign?

The NO folks will be might disappointed when the US cracks down on the
border, and trade becomes difficult. And prices go up!!

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 09:02 AM, Kevin Meynell wrote:

> >Under the system, people entering the United States would be stopped
> first
> >at the existing border station, and again further down the road at a
> >checkpoint where their presence in the country would be registered.
>
> Why can't they do everything in one place, or would that be too
> sensible?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kevin Meynell

<image.tiff>