Subject: afcntj & afcnpk was Re: Afghanistan-China Border
Date: Mar 24, 2003 @ 14:59
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

& i believe gideon says about this border that the chinese didnt
even know they had it til the middle of the 20th century
a century after it had been established by the european powers

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> good point
>
> so thanx to this info & also ibs number 85 re cnpk
> we do at least have the following afcn tripoint data
>
> afcntj
> peak kokrash kol
> aka povalo shveikovski
> 5698m
> coords not given
> but given elsewhere as approx nlat 37d14m x elong 74d53m
>
> afcnpk
> unnamed peak
> 5630m
> coords of approx nlat 37d03m x elong 74d36m given in afcn
text
> but conflicting elong of approx 74d34m is given in cnpk text
> oops
> & thus the 2 treaties could even be referring to 2 different
> unnamed peaks
>

> also for photo research
> we have the name of the afcn boundary range as mustagh
> which yields plenty of pix of peaks involving 5 countries in all
> tho i cant positively identify any of these pix as showing afcn
> let alone the afcn tripoint peaks
> so i will spare you all such links of breathtaking but probably
> irrelevant mountains
>
> indeed the afcn tripoint peaks are relative dwarves & nobodies
> among such mustagh giants as k2
> & others of what are billed as the worlds most vertical
mountains

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS089.pdf

> > Jesper
> > http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase

their
> > common
> > > border. I suppose there are also many "footpaths" as
well.