Subject: afcntj & afcnpk was Re: Afghanistan-China Border
Date: Mar 24, 2003 @ 14:45
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

good point

so thanx to this info & also ibs number 85 re cnpk
we do at least have the following afcn tripoint data

afcntj
peak kokrash kol
aka povalo shveikovski
5698m
coords not given
but given elsewhere as approx nlat 37d14m x elong 74d53m

afcnpk
unnamed peak
5630m
coords of approx nlat 37d03m x elong 74d36m given in afcn text
but conflicting elong of approx 74d34m is given in cnpk text
oops
& thus the 2 treaties could even be referring to 2 different
unnamed peaks

also for photo research
we have the name of the afcn boundary range as mustagh
which yields plenty of pix of peaks involving 5 countries in all
tho i cant positively identify any of these pix as showing afcn
let alone the afcn tripoint peaks
so i will spare you all such links of breathtaking but probably
irrelevant mountains

indeed the afcn tripoint peaks are relative dwarves & nobodies
among such mustagh giants as k2
& others of what are billed as the worlds most vertical mountains

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS089.pdf

> Jesper
> http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase

Wakhan
> > Corridor in Afghanistan. There is apparently a road of some
> sort
> > that connects Afghanistan with China, passing through their
> common
> > border. I suppose there are also many "footpaths" as well.
> Does
> > anyone have a picture of the border checkpoint between
these
> two
> > countries? Does anyone have any information about the
road
> between
> > the two? From news accounts, I believe the Chinese
closed
> the border
> > at the time the US and other countries began to go into
> Afghantistan,
> > but I've seen no pictures of the border.
> >
> > Kirk
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.