Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Re-run, Berlin exclaves
Date: Mar 20, 2003 @ 21:20
Author: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...>)

I am not absolutely sure that the picture shows one of
the Bottcherberg Western exclaves within the city of
Potsdam.

Recognizing that the thorough fellows in the east
usually erected two walls (the forward wall facing the
west and the "Hinterlandsicherungsmauer" [I love that
word], there are at least two narrow bottlenecks in
the very soutwest of Berlin were no less than four
walls stood close together in a small space. It is my
understanding that the middle strip between the two
Hinterlandsicherungsmauers, i. e. where passage of
people and vehicles took place, might even have been
more narrow than the no-mans-lands on the sides.

One can't entirely rule out the proposition that the
image might be showing the eastern Bottcherberg
bottleneck.

http://www.mauerfotos.de/index.php4?mf=6761077fded23b21ebb4e3cbdfecb36e&TEMPLATE=picture_de&id=141&INFO_OFFSET=0&FIELD_bezirk=0&FIELD_kategorie=0&FIELD_streetselect=Los&FIELD_street=46

http://www.dailysoft.com/berlinwall/photographs/berlinwall-1983sp/berlinermauer-1983-001.htm