Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Natural disasters - shifting borders?
Date: Mar 07, 2003 @ 20:32
Author: Victor Cantore (Victor Cantore <drpotatoes@yahoo.com>)

hi Francisco,

i've heard of shifting border rivers before and how
they cause problems obviously. i'm attaching a scan of
el paso, tx and how the rio grande shifted and caused
mx-us relations to be strained for 100 years until
finally solved in the early 1960s. they cemented the
riverbed to prevent changes.

what i was really looking for were examples of
shifting plate tectonics/earthquakes creating border
issues, if it's ever happened or if treaties address
an unlikely but possible event.

vc

http://home.no.net/enklaver/borders/minoriverborder.htm