Subject: Re: Condominium Island
Date: Feb 07, 2003 @ 17:34
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk
<smaardijk@y...>" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002 <orc@o...>"
> <orc@o...> wrote:
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk
> > <smaardijk@y...>" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002 <orc@o...>"
> <bill@l...>

> 1481.
> about
> > it.

> > regime
> > > >
> > > I was just trying to help. Did I miss this variation? The six
> > months
> > > terms were also discussed (msg. 1488).
> > > Peter S.
> >
> > indeed peter you are a great help as always
> >
> > the further variation we enjoyed this morning was in msg 8948
> > re the midway split for royal weddings
> >
> > clearly this must override the semiannual flipflop
>
> I don't think there ever was a royal wedding on the island. Just
> Louis XIV picking up his bride here (from her father). They were
> married in Donibane Lohizune (St. Jean-de-Luz).
> Anyway, the boundary treaty (the one in force now) dates from after
> that event. There is nothing in that treaty that provides for such
> variation. The 6 months rule is from a later date still (1901). And
> finally, unless France will become a monarchy once more, the
> probability of a royal wedding there in the future is small.
> Peter S.

ok you win
it splits only for a marriage & not for a wedding
but i still enjoyed this & all the other data presented by bill
firsthand
as well as the other fresh findings posted initially by quadernet
& i think these & all such spontaneous offerings should be honored
& not discouraged because we are just too knowledgeable already