Subject: Re: Condominium Island
Date: Feb 07, 2003 @ 17:14
Author: Peter Smaardijk <smaardijk@yahoo.com> ("Peter Smaardijk <smaardijk@...>" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002 <orc@o...>"
<bill@l...>

1481.
> > > Just
> it.
> > >
> > > right
> > > but never before had we gotten into the condominial nitty gritty
> > > & now we even learn of a further variation upon the variable
> regime
> > >
> > I was just trying to help. Did I miss this variation? The six
> months
> > terms were also discussed (msg. 1488).
> > Peter S.
>
> indeed peter you are a great help as always
>
> the further variation we enjoyed this morning was in msg 8948
> re the midway split for royal weddings
>
> clearly this must override the semiannual flipflop

I don't think there ever was a royal wedding on the island. Just
Louis XIV picking up his bride here (from her father). They were
married in Donibane Lohizune (St. Jean-de-Luz).
Anyway, the boundary treaty (the one in force now) dates from after
that event. There is nothing in that treaty that provides for such a
variation. The 6 months rule is from a later date still (1901). And
finally, unless France will become a monarchy once more, the
probability of a royal wedding there in the future is small.
Peter S.