Subject: Re: SPM, coastal boundaries
Date: Dec 15, 2002 @ 21:12
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> This map from maps.lt indicate something else...
>
> Comments?

along the shore
across the lake
less or more
give or take

more disturbing to me is the fact that i cant confirm the cyuk
coastal boundary now

you probably remember it was first reported here years ago
by someone who seemed trustworthy at the time
but who will remain nameless
because i cant recall who it was

today when i tried to confirm this detail in the cyprus constitution
& cyuk treaty i found a reference to a maritime boundary there
but the relevant text
section 3 of annex a
has eluded me so far

in case anyone can find this
it should settle the matter

but suffice to say it is not looking very good for any confirmations
of any international coastal boundaries at this time
other than the somewhat compromised esfr & hnnisv condos

> Jesper

Newfoundland waters? :)

> but anyway, if the border actually follows the coastline,
wouldn't it be a first in the world, where island coast is the
border? (and any coastal borders seems quite interesting to me,
what such do we know of?)

> attached: coastal border LT SSR - RU SFSR and current
admin. line LT-RU. Lake Vistytis:RU, coast:LT. This pic is taken
with me standing almost on the spot where land LTRU runs to
the lake coast and turns east to follow the coast, pointing the
camera east