Subject: English language neighbours (was Re: Strange bordermarker)
Date: Dec 06, 2002 @ 10:45
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <kevin@...>)

Anton,

>Now that I come to think of it, there are only two bi-English-speaking
>borders, i.e. int'l borders where you cross from one English speaking
>country into the other, right?

It rather depends on how you define an English-speaking country. Both India
and Pakistan define English as an official language (and it's the de-facto
language of government and commerce), although it's not necessarily the
first language of the various ethnic groups. The same goes for South
Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland. I'm sure there are others
that I've missed.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell