Subject: Re: Strange bordermarker
Date: Dec 06, 2002 @ 10:33
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

thanx anton
tho it is of course only best guessing ad absurdum
& just a lot of fun

but i believe the identification of your monument as caus was
based on stylistic even more than linguistic evidence

also i think ireland has no international boundary monuments
per se
since the partition was just based upon old county boundaries
which if marked at all are more likely to be in gaelic than english
but none of these have yet been reported here

there are a few nominally english to english borders in africa tho

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "anton_zeilinger"
<anton_zeilinger@h...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> > sharp shooting in the fog doug
> > & i agree it could be any of the 8 or 9 thousand caus
monuments
> > but if as i surmise they took hwy 75 the main drag from
winnipeg
> > down to the border & simply noticed & appropriated the
closest