Subject: Re: DC Border Marker Problematic
Date: Nov 23, 2002 @ 05:27
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

I have a woman in my office who, a month ago, got into a car
"accident" (was forced off the road) at the border near the spot
mentioned by the author of the comment I posted - she went to the D C.
police department, and they had to show here a map of the expressway
interchange at that spot. When she said "I just got onto to ramp",
the policeman said, "On the ramp? You were already in Maryland at
that point". She had to go to MD to file her accident report, and got
into difficulty there, because there was no marking on the ramp, and
they refused to believe here when she said where on the ramp she
"thought" she was at the time.

Most D.C. border markers aren't visible from any roads around here.

Regards

LN