Subject: Re: VTNYQC - been done?
Date: Nov 12, 2002 @ 13:15
Author: Meridien24 ("Meridien24" <meridien24@...>)

Agggh! my head hurts! Interesting indeed that the USGS has the
VTNW/NYNE point NORTH of the markers! As long as all agree that the
international boundary draws a straight line between 644 and 645a, we
can dismiss that data...

I don't have my software here, but I could just find the exact
coordinates of the point (using topo data) and track it GPS. I just
hope I don't fall in -- I can swim, but I don't wanna lose the GPS!
My wife will be along to take a picture & call authorities if I fall
in (but, WHICH authorities?)

I'll share my computer's finding of the point for all to argue when I
get to it... which won't be till later today - I'm leaving for
Montreal right after work. Any help/arguments are appreciated - I
never thought that FINDING the point would be a problem!

Locals will argue with you, but it IS the Richelieu river at that
point. The topo map agrees. Concretely - it means that it would
take a darn good freeze for it to be safe near the point, but it DOES
happen. I have childhood memories of people skating up and down the
river...

Otherwise, marker 644 would likely be the best vantage point? (and
yes, I'll bring back a picture of the actual marker, too)

...Still have about 3 months to figure this out, anyway

--Jay Di Battista
Plattsburgh, NY
WPTZ-TV