Subject: ...new member...
Date: Nov 07, 2002 @ 12:52
Author: Meridien24 ("Meridien24" <meridien24@...>)

Just last week, I was at the abandoned Old Rte 9 border crossing in
Champlain, NY, and was met by two Border Patrol SUV K9 units... and I
honestly thought, as I was dealing with two rude officers, that I
must be the only one who had this fascination for international
boundaries! I also recently visited the particular spots of
Stanstead/Derby Line and Noyan/Alburg (with less trouble)... very
glad to find other people who are interested in this topic.

And to add my two cents to this particular thread -- Tim Horton's is
now owned by Wendy's. It looks like their expansion strategy is to
grow from their US core, the Buffalo area... but here in the east,
they still haven't made it past Syracuse. They haven't made it to
Plattsburgh/Burlington, either.

Regards
Jay