Subject: Re: Using foreign cars in your native country (-> was USMX tripoints)
Date: Oct 07, 2002 @ 20:05
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Victor Cantore <drpotatoes@y...>
wrote:

> >>also it is fair to say these 2 are the 2 easiest
> tripoints on mxus
>
> in regards to that mike i believe ch/nm/tx isn't that
> hard to access either especially from the other side.

oops
you are absolutely right victor
& not only that
the rio can be so shallow there as to permit walking right out to
the thalweg along the monument line
without even getting ones ankles wet

i started to do this last winter but was inspired to bolt
when some menacing looking characters approached
so i never did make the point better than class c
but a class a visit could be downright easy under all the right
conditions

> wondering if there is anywhere else in the
> world with such a buffer zone, where the actual legal
> border recognized by 2 neighbors isn't enforced
> tightly by one neighbor but after passing a free zone
> or buffer then it is like crossing through actual
> customs. I'm sure this condition must exist in other
> areas. Any thoughts?

actually the big bend & south texas are somewhat like this
with secondary border posts as far from the river as the
marathon & hebbronville areas
or more than 50 miles into the usa from any direction

& have a great time in baarle

if you find 2 quadripoints there
as ed believes
youll make history