Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Vermont - Quebec
Date: Oct 01, 2002 @ 04:28
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@yahoo.com>)

Ok...a few more from the same area:

First, the borderline runs right throught the living room of the
apartment...Canada right, U.S. left.

Second, a bordermarker (554 W) embedded in the sidewalk in front of the
apartment building...U.S. right, Canada left.

Third, a "Welcome to Vermont" sign FAR into Canada (you can see the divided
apartment in the background, Canadian side facing the camera). I don't get
this - I know the people who put up the signs probably do not care about
the border, but this just is not even close (maybe 15-20 meters into
Canada...I'm not the best at estimating distances though!).

-Mike K.