Subject: Re: Perejil as you have... -> esma border at Ceuta
Date: Sep 26, 2002 @ 21:35
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:

> I see that the border (Spain/Neutral zone) was actually drawn on
the
> basis of the range of a certain type of cannon! Now this was at
first
> my hypothesis regarding the land boundary near Vianden
(Luxembourg),
> which later on I retracted, much to the chagrine of Michael who
liked
> the idea and even found the date of the invention of the cannon to
> support it. But my wild guess was not as wild as it seemed then!
BTW,
> do you know what a "cannon of 24 of the type anciently known" (if I
> translate it correctly) is, or was?

this from message 6869 is another example of a gratuitous smear
uncorrected til now

the reference is evidently to my message 2124
where anyone who is interested will see that the socalled chagrine is
entirely & only in peters inventive but negative imagination

so peter once again
i realize your english is not that of a native but
please be more careful especially about your personal imputations