Subject: Re: Perejil ... -> Ceuta -> oops!
Date: Sep 27, 2002 @ 09:59
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
>
> > I see that the border (Spain/Neutral zone) was actually drawn on
> the
> > basis of the range of a certain type of cannon! Now this was at
> first
> > my hypothesis regarding the land boundary near Vianden
> (Luxembourg),
> > which later on I retracted, much to the chagrine of Michael who
> liked
> > the idea and even found the date of the invention of the cannon
> > support it. But my wild guess was not as wild as it seemed then!
> BTW,
> > do you know what a "cannon of 24 of the type anciently known" (if
> > translate it correctly) is, or was?
>
> this from message 6869 is another example of a gratuitous smear
> uncorrected til now
>
> the reference is evidently to my message 2124
> where anyone who is interested will see that the socalled chagrine
is
> entirely & only in peters inventive but negative imagination

I think you're right here. I'm not sure whether my imagination is
inventive, but I don't think it's negative. I wasn't thinking of
deliberately distorting the facts ("smearing" has a deliberate
element in it, I think?), but my typing went along with my thinking,
and both went in the wrong direction. In this you are right. So sorry.

I really thought that the discussion went like this, and even now I
am surprised that I can't find it anymore. Just because it isn't
there, I think.

> so peter once again
> i realize your english is not that of a native but
> please be more careful especially about your personal imputations

I don't think I'm going to mention your name anymore in a BP
message :-)

Peter Smaardijk