Subject: Re: Vermont - Quebec
Date: Sep 24, 2002 @ 05:06
Author: averillhecht ("averillhecht" <alhecht@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Doug Murray" <doug@d...> wrote:
> Averill:
>
> Thanks for the kind words. You're right -- everything the Mike and
I were doing was completely legal. Unless we were on federal
property, we are allowed to photograph all we want. I can understand
the concerns of the agents -- after all, their job is to watch the
border. But there really needs to be more communication between them.

> I don't have the picture you are looking for... but the next time I
am down that way, I will certainly take it.

> Thanks!
>
> Doug
>
> PS: Attached is a bonus Zero Ave shot from last April. This is
quite far (relatively speaking) east. Notice the snow in the
mountains tends to end at the border? America is on your right.

aggravations
> by the Border Patrol of you doing something completely legal.
You
> would think the US border on Iran or something. I have taken
video
> of the same location, Durby Line while driving. I even made an
> inadvertanty right turn onto a side street only to realize I was
> driving past metric speed and "Arrett" signs. I went around the
> block and came back to the main intersection, only to see a
regular
> Stop sign. I made a right and did go into the US Customs area
and
> told the inspector what happened. He actually thanked me for my
> honesty, saying that because I did make that right I was in fact
in
> Canada and I did need to be cleared back in. I personally feel
there
> should be no border between out two great nations, but that's
another
> conversation.
>
> He told me many time people do the same and don't come to
customs,
> and they only catch a fraction of them. He was actually quite
nice
> and polite. This was before 9-11. I would hope they would still
be
> as accommodating, today! From my mouth to Gods ears, I guess.
>
> Anyway, I do have a request. In all those Boundary Rd/Zero
Avenue
> pictures you have taken, did you get any near the Sumas border
> crossing? I ask this because where the two roads cross the
> intersection, they are both posted with Stop Signs. The on in
the US
> is of the standard MUTCD design, but the sign on Zero Ave. Uses
the
> Unique to BC styalized letter font on it.
>
> If you do have such a photo, would you consider posting it?
>
> Again, keep up the great work and photos. You do credit to this
web

> Averill

THANKS DUGE, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
aVERILL