Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Vermont - Quebec
Date: Sep 23, 2002 @ 22:51
Author: Doug Murray ("Doug Murray" <doug@...>)

Do we need a border?  I suppose.  Does it need to be as controlled?  Nope.  I think it should be like the EU -- an outer border with strict controls and relaxed on the inside.

Unlike many European boundaries, there isn't much difference on either side of the US-Canada border (I can hear my country mates screaming at me)...  generally speaking (very generally!) , we're all from the same stock and speak the same language.  I think it would be difficult for anyone to tell an American from a Canadian.  (The American is drinking a soda).

Whereas I can tell the difference between a Finn and a Dane -- the Finn has ice cream in his hat.

Doug