Subject: Re: USMX tripoints
Date: Sep 21, 2002 @ 15:05
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

nice going victor
for it looks like you climbed at least 1 of the towers
& have made at least a close visit to both these difficult tripoints
for which i failed to even bring a camera

did you happen to photograph any more of the towers themselves or the
stunning international cable car running between them

i had the impression that tho the american tower may well be
administered by the blm & other us govt agencies named on it
the car itself might actually be used by the international boundary &
water commission for despatching their responsibility of gauging the
stream
here from the best possible angle
namely directly above the channel
so perhaps it wasnt so much for transportation per se as for accurate
positioning

also i thought the azbcca point itself beguilingly elusive from all
angles amidst all the reeds
& i could never quite lay an eyeball on it with assurance either

i think a canoe & machete may really be whats needed here to even
glimpse the point truly

azbcso by contrast seemed to me a lot easier to sight with some
assurance
especially from the transmexican highway bridge
along the intersection of the monument line & the thalweg

jack parsell was once lucky enough to visit this point class a when
the colorado was bone dry

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Victor Cantore <drpotatoes@y...> wrote:
> I recently took the trip east into the desert and I
> have these wonderful photos of the CABCAZ & BCAZSN
> tripoints along the USMX border near Yuma, AZ. Nearly
> a quadripoint, these 2 tripoints are separated by
> 20+/- miles. The Colorado River forms the
> international border for that stretch between AZ and
> BC.
>
> Here's a map of the area:
> http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?
Pyt=Tmap&addr=&city=Yuma&state=AZ&csz=Yuma,+AZ&slt=32.725220&sln=-
114.624580&name=&zip=&country=us&&BFKey=&BFCat=&BFClient=&mag=7&desc=&
cs=7&newmag=5&poititle=&poi=&ds=n

> and also here:
> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?zoom=4&mapdata=jZ2g%2b%
2fXW8V81gFZmbXAb1LhoxDZk8UeJUVLtr8EzLlBOTZjB%2ftyqw7esTQbemw%
2bwBgPhbnyPi7LxxTpnZfFuu6Imwx%
2fyJUQgSQ5sYqCXM0NWZfJjXLaHG84AMd2YrsBnbqOEdcxTr%
2fpHhO06RfN2brIm87dn3errC%2bcoV17M%2fCW7d%2bNNH1Bpt9SCl%2fwNaikWM%
2fXLna%2bcGRjR05vNCRB6OFiFE9%
2bIyTriC1w9B4SC9Pq2ggzZO3RMkkHfnIHNwBrNEw4yx9R1Wk6JdoOghj10KABvVfdInfo
4