Subject: Re: Berlin maps - (and Belgian Enclave News)
Date: Aug 06, 2002 @ 20:03
Author: pho_tek ("pho_tek" <pho_tek@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Bernhard Lurssen <tardis@h...> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> what exactly do you need scanned? Which Falk Plan squares?
>
> When do you go to Baarle? Sometime soon?
>
> Bernhard

I agree with the other messagesender that Falk Plan is not really
good but i did not see alternatives. The RV-stadt atlas seems
interesting (everything before 1989 will do), anyone who owns one? I
informed with mister Hagen Koch from www.berliner-mauer.de but he
asks 65 euros for a single scanned (!!!) map. There a over 90 maps
covering the former DDR-BRD border in Berlin so this makes it almost
6000 Euros for 90 scans. I my eyes this is daylight robbery for
unknown quality scans (the originals are not even worth that, they're
not yet antiquities). The day I pay that amount of money for digital
maps must be the day I join the FDJ). Never thougt that
one could make money out of function with a former repressive regime.

If there is anyone who owns the RV-stadatlas: i am very interested in
either buying or scans. Maybe somebody has time to make a Falkplan
scan from the border between Checkpoint Charlie and Sonnenalle? This
has always been a very interesting border between Kreuzberg and
Treptow, especialy the Lohmülenbrücke which seemed to be a way to
anoy traffic in the area.

For the Baarle-Hertog enclaves: i live in the neigborhood of Baarle
and I have visited the place many times. I have to await good weather
thought. In the winter i tried to reach the N8 Dutch enclave but got
stuck in the mud with my car. A friendly farmer helped me out but
could not quite understood what i was doing there (strange hooby
indeed). The most exotic enclaves are on hard to reach places
somewhere out in the fields, most roads are just dirtroads which
become inpassable at rainy times!
I will keep an eye on the weatherreports, if it clears up the photos
will be posted with the next few weeks. Thanks for all the scanning
offers bye the way! I lost my bid on a 1987 Falk Plan, 10 minutes
before closing of the bid.

Stefan