Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Berlin maps - (and Belgian Enclave News)
Date: Aug 06, 2002 @ 20:26
Author: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...>)

--- pho_tek <pho_tek@...> wrote:
> I informed with mister Hagen Koch from
> www.berliner-mauer.de but he
> asks 65 euros for a single scanned (!!!) map. There
> a over 90 maps covering the former DDR-BRD border in
Berlin so this
> makes it almost 6000 Euros for 90 scans. I my eyes
this is daylight
> robbery for unknown quality scans (the originals are
not even
> worth that, they're not yet antiquities).

I have had the same experience with Mr Koch.

Does anyone know the legal basis of asking this kind
of money for the maps? Who owns the copyright of these
maps?

Should the copyright not now be the property of all
workers and farmers of the former East Germany, since
they have owned the maps all along anyway? Or, at
least, some non-profit organisation of the united
Germany?

Does anyone know if the maps are on public display in
any library or archive? If so, copies should be
possible to obtain at a more modest fee, and certainly
scans at an even more welcomming price.

I'd be interested to share costs if anyone should plan
to obtain such copies.

Mats