Subject: Re: just for example
Date: May 27, 2002 @ 20:32
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

> ok i agree with everything you say & thats exactly why i wrote in
> the word animaniacs
> which i considered easily the single most memorable aspect of this
> little treatise
> & thus the one i or anyone would normally use to search for it
> or so i thought
Fair enough, I suppose, if you are I wanted to retrieve it and could
remember the unusual word. The link is taking a very long time to do
nothing at all for me at present, so I don't know its content. And I
don't know it's content because you haven't described it in your
posting, so no-one can successfully search for content-related words
like, say, "nation(s)".
Of course the whole thing might be entertaining and otherwise
effectively contentless, in which case "animaniacs" is its most
salient property, and I withdraw my objection, your honour.

> but i confess i am astonished to be not only the odd man out but
> mistaken as well in this case
>
> are you sure everybody is getting everything
No, I'm sure everyone *isn't* getting everything - I'd only be
inflicting all my data on everyone if I were including the files in
my messages. But by putting them in the Files area, I'm trying to
make the data available to *anyone* who wants it (without imposing it
on anyone who doesn't want it).

But I guess Bill can resolve this one. Is there a general level of
complaint and difficulty about retrieving files, Bill?

Grant