Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: just for example
Date: May 27, 2002 @ 20:55
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

>From: "granthutchison" > ok i agree with everything you say & thats exactly
>why i wrote in
> > the word animaniacs
> > which i considered easily the single most memorable aspect of this
> > little treatise
> > & thus the one i or anyone would normally use to search for it
> > or so i thought
>Fair enough, I suppose, if you are I wanted to retrieve it and could
>remember the unusual word. The link is taking a very long time to do
>nothing at all for me at present, so I don't know its content. And I
>don't know it's content because you haven't described it in your
>posting, so no-one can successfully search for content-related words
>like, say, "nation(s)".
>Of course the whole thing might be entertaining and otherwise
>effectively contentless, in which case "animaniacs" is its most
>salient property, and I withdraw my objection, your honour.

thank you
objection allowed

i just wanted it to be a surprise in this case
so it wasnt really a good example of anything but fun
i agree
but felt i owed you at least the word animaniacs for your 6megs

i trust you got it tho in the end
or is it still elusive

you can tell me if i screwed up

> > but i confess i am astonished to be not only the odd man out but
> > mistaken as well in this case
> >
> > are you sure everybody is getting everything
>No, I'm sure everyone *isn't* getting everything - I'd only be
>inflicting all my data on everyone if I were including the files in
>my messages. But by putting them in the Files area, I'm trying to
>make the data available to *anyone* who wants it (without imposing it
>on anyone who doesn't want it).

ok but i would also like to emphasize that tho all this works fine for me &
would work fine for any simple message board
we at bp are expressly a discussion group about a very focussed topic
so it really is rather important that everyone is getting evverything & that
everyone can get everything
if they wish to entertain the full discussion

for offtopic stuff any file would do

but for stuff that is onpoint
it needs to be well on target

>But I guess Bill can resolve this one. Is there a general level of
>complaint and difficulty about retrieving files, Bill?

yes bill
save us great founding father & dear host