Subject: Re: Old bedelux mystery solved?
Date: May 16, 2002 @ 19:09
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "acroorca2002"

> but where else in europe have we seen a road centerline boundary
> strong deja vu
> didnt mats report a possible instance of this some time ago

yes in message 4660 about busingen
but the occurrence was fortuitous rather than deliberate
so not a really suitable example

& a haunting but probably equally inappropriate counterexample from
berlin occurs in message 3434

also a quote in 3371 promising the desired examples
& sounding very much like peter too
but its actual source was unmentioned
so i wonder if you mats or anyone can pin this tail on

also an extremely interesting comment in message 3312 about at least 1
possible example
but no specifics

in addition i have rescoured eefs benl maps
which do show numerous apparent examples
but only at greater scales than your his recent paleobedelu swatch eef
& are thus unconvincing as the examplars we may be seeking
especially since their roadside markers are singletons rather than pairs

another brainstorm eef
does your 1843 proces verbaal for benl cover belu too
for that text could put this question to rest for good

but in any case i am still without the kind of evidence that my mind
would need in order to really bend definitively in the direction of
looking for the thalweg oops i mean the centerline of this earthen road
in order to pin belu & paleobedelu upon that imaginary line
midway between the paired markers on its banks i mean its shoulders

& so i still imagine that anyone trying to turn the boundary regime of
this or any road into that of a river may actually be dreaming

but perhaps you all can wake me up by helping me find some of these
leads toward substantiating your view of reality

or yikes what if it was a road condo