Subject: Re: bahryu
Date: Apr 25, 2002 @ 10:34
Author: ps1966nl ("ps1966nl" <smaardijk@...>)

If you are planning to visit this tripoint this summer, please be
extremely careful:

"During its mid November 2000 visit to Sid Municipality the Helsinki
Committee team was informed of heavy mine contamination of the entire
border area between the municipality and the republic of Croatia.
Most mines were laid in village Jamena. Svetlana Marojevic, head of
Local Office of village Jamena told us that the YA had been lying
mines in the area throughout 1992, but marked only few minefields.
After the first casualties were reported in the area, the army came
to mark the incident site. In the 1992-1997 period 6 locals were
heavily injured in mining incidents. All six lost one leg, and two
people died in mine explosions. Added to the two dirt roads, a large
arable area was also heavily mined. There are also indications that
area of Apatin municipality and the border area with Hungary were
also mined."( http://www.helsinki.org.yu/hcs/HCSreport2000part11.htm )

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> No pictures yet, but some information:
>
> Enclosed four versions of the tp:
>
> foldekort.jpg: from a fold map!! Lukovac (river) a little west of
tp. Note road NE of Jamena is on Croatian side.

> kortbog.jpg: from road atlas!! Lukovac much west of tp. Road on
Croatian side.

> atlas.jpg: from post war *Croatian* atlas: Lukovac east of tp. Road
on Yuguslavian map.

> hrmap.jpg: from Croatian 1:25000 topomap. Lukovac at tp
>
> Note the town Vrsani, that also changed place, each side of
Lukovac.

> First I could not find Vrsani on the Croatian topomap. See if you
can find the place. No, no it IS there....It appears to be an area
(or a group of villages) rather than a town. But west of Lukovac in
my opinion.

> I don't know if these differences are due to bad map production or
the tp and the border is in dispute, I will ask my Croatian experts.