Subject: Re: bahryu
Date: Apr 25, 2002 @ 14:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

great research & spotting by both of you guys

& fortunately this tripoint is still so uncertain & therefore so
technically split & compromised as to be not yet worth the candle
anyway
so we are safe to skip here
wouldnt you agree
as we always are anyway while having a good time

but talk about point splitting & good times
the better time will be had imo in redoubling the effort to find both
halves of that other funny tripoint jesper just split cleanly into 2
halves yesterday & ran that other funny river clear thru it

just kibitzing but there you have it from goshen

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> If you are planning to visit this tripoint this summer, please be
> extremely careful:
>
> "During its mid November 2000 visit to Sid Municipality the Helsinki
> Committee team was informed of heavy mine contamination of the
entire
> border area between the municipality and the republic of Croatia.
> Most mines were laid in village Jamena. Svetlana Marojevic, head of
> Local Office of village Jamena told us that the YA had been lying
> mines in the area throughout 1992, but marked only few minefields.
> After the first casualties were reported in the area, the army came
> to mark the incident site. In the 1992-1997 period 6 locals were
> heavily injured in mining incidents. All six lost one leg, and two
> people died in mine explosions. Added to the two dirt roads, a large
> arable area was also heavily mined. There are also indications that
> area of Apatin municipality and the border area with Hungary were
> also mined."( http://www.helsinki.org.yu/hcs/HCSreport2000part11.htm
)

> Peter S.
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen"
> <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > No pictures yet, but some information:
> >
> > Enclosed four versions of the tp:
> >
> > foldekort.jpg: from a fold map!! Lukovac (river) a little west of
> tp. Note road NE of Jamena is on Croatian side.
> >
> > kortbog.jpg: from road atlas!! Lukovac much west of tp. Road on
> Croatian side.
> >
> > atlas.jpg: from post war *Croatian* atlas: Lukovac east of tp.
Road