Subject: Re: The uncrossed hotwater tour
Date: Apr 24, 2002 @ 18:19
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "granthutchison" <granthutchison@b...>
wrote:
> Michael:
> > > What we can say, though, is that a *fully crossed* hotwater
tour
> > > is impossible
> > as well as unnecessary & irrelevant
> Fair enough. I raised the topic only because I'd briefly
entertained
> the notion that an uncrossed tour *implied* the existence of a
> crossed tour, too. You (general rather than specific "you", in this
> instance) could perhaps just cross each quadripoint and find
yourself
> reversing the line of march for alternating line segments -
> effectively covering the same route but walking it in a different
> order, and half the time in the opposite direction. But the
formation
> of little closed loops precluded that.
> Shame. I was quite looking forward to presenting you with a crossed
> tour.
>
> Grant

dear general grant

whaattt anyway

for even the general me is staggered lee & windward here

but ok i will eat this intended present shamelessly too

still stunned & basking in the afterglow of your great new ulyssead
for yes i really think we must rename even the odyssey itself now too
in honor of your true sawanabori both mathematical & philological of
the craziest checkerboard in the world to its true source ulysses
grant

but sir i am prepared to make some concessions

first evidently boundaries do or at least can have handedness & at
their best they even have evenhandedness

boundaries to that extent have vectorhoods

i am not prepared to concede that boundaries move
nor that they would even recognize your well gesticulated tour as
motion of any sort

about borders
borders still cross
prima facie & unrebutted