Subject: Re: re places with few to zero tripoints
Date: Apr 12, 2002 @ 18:47
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

thanx amar
that is an interesting historico etymological one

how did hindu reach this west indian island early enough to have
sprinkled its entire map with this word
like the word kill in new holland

i knew there was a lot of east indian immigration to the lowest
antilles & guianas
but even this occurred mostly in the post slavery era & therefore
much later than the period when most geographical features got their
names

perhaps an early british colonial governor got transferred to
montserrat from india but kept naming things in hindi out of habit

i give up but would still love to know
& all the more so as it is material for a very weird tripoint try

http://www.geo.mtu.edu/volcanoes/west.indies/soufriere/govt/miscdocs/i