Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: re places with few to zero tripoints
Date: Apr 12, 2002 @ 03:31
Author: amar6277@yahoo.com (<amar6277@...>)

ghaut must be from the language 'Hindi' where it means
a place next to a water body where people assemble to
take bath or a place where washermen collectively wash
clothes. I can recall an MRT (elevated rail) station
called 'Dhoby Ghaut' in Singapore. Dhoby means a
washerman in 'Hindi'

http://www.geo.mtu.edu/volcanoes/west.indies/soufriere/govt/miscdocs/i