Subject: scandinavian quintipoint documentation elusive
Date: Apr 08, 2002 @ 04:29
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

arif
you reported way back in message 3757
referring to the map in message 1936

> I was looking at the online atlas of Sweden and was
> looking at the area of Trestickan National Park around
> which three divided islands we discussed earlier
> exist. I noticed that the boundary stone 3, on the
> island Takeholmen, is in some sort of Swedish local
> boundary. It also looks like on Norwegian maps to be
> on two different Norwegian local boundaries, creating
> a kinda-quintipoint.

& i have been trying to confirm these data ever since
nor have i even found an online atlas for sweden or norway
so i wonder if you could help me to these for starters

at the same time i have found that the municipalities of halden &
aremark in the norwegian county of ostfold might possibly converge
upon the island in question

yet there doesnt appear to be any other norwegian local boundary
convergent there for all i can see from here

& i am also beginning to wonder how any swedish local boundary could
have crossed the intervening national park
for i havent been able to confirm that vector either
tho it appears 2 counties have recently merged into 1 near there
hence there is some probability of this

but it is all so elusive
& i am wondering if you or anyone else can shed the necessary light
here to either confirm or drop this point from consideration as a
quinti

so thanx for anything old or new on this subject