Subject: Re: US-Mexico Joint Projects
Date: Apr 08, 2002 @ 01:55
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

victor
great new pix & reports
& please do add more any time

azbcso can be seen & probably reached
but the veggies do just block both the view & the access at azbcca
& the towers promise to help but dont quite reward the climb

now if the cable car could be used
that would certainly do it
ah but that is a big if

otherwise a machete or flame thrower or some new inspiration will be
necessary there

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "drpotatoes" <drpotatoes@h...> wrote:
> wow thanks for all the detailed info, the maritime boundaries
hadn't
> even occured to me. landlubber!
>
> In regards to the bcazca and sonbcaz tripoints i didn't expect to
> find an exact point but rather where the 'iron curtain' would meet
> the river at the 2 points. I've been over the colorado and
vacationed
> there on occasion as a child and the vegetation is quite thick, so
> thought seeing the wall end at some point and water begin would
> suffice for me. That's my next trip since i am so close i think
i'll
> do it this week sometime and post photos here.
>
> I did get down to border field state park yesterday and snapped
> around 50 photos with the digital camera from the US side. I'll
post
> a few of the most enjoyable ones here. Click on the 'photos'
category
> on the left hand side of this page, then us/mex border. Please note
> how different the monument and wall look now compared to the photo
on
> the IBWC website
> (http://www.ibwc.state.gov/LANDBOUN/land_boundary.htm)
>
> The last monument at border field state park is easily accesible
but
> most of the border wall is quite heavily fortified as to where it
is
> difficult to get close in many spots. Most of the border patrol
> agents are amicable too, in contrast to how it actually feels there.
>
> As far as for other monuments in my area, I've found that it's
> actually much easier to access the monuments from within TJ.
They've