Subject: Re: gvivli
Date: Apr 03, 2002 @ 17:35
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

grant
that global explorer seems such a great new toy & a distinct
advancement on the state of our african data generally
so i wonder if we couldnt use it to do a similar job on any of the
other african tripoints just to illustrate them & perhaps crosscheck
the most problematic of the remaining brownlie data

also cant help wondering if delorme improves on the depiction of my
old favorite the darien road gap

could you peek for me

multimap shows it has been whittled down to as little as 5 miles

will bulldozers soon kiss here & join south to north at last

well not deliberately while coke is illegal in the north
or so they say in panama & the usa
but perhaps the road gap is shrinking anyway just due to normal
growth & the relentless advances into the rain forest there

looking for any clues on this generally

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@b...>
wrote:
> > Guinea/Ivory Coast/Liberia tripoint:
> Unfortunately, the tripoint isn't on Mont Nimba, as the attached
Global
> Explorer map shows. The 5748ft summit on the Guinea/Cote d'Ivoire
border is
> Nimba, which is the highest peak in both those countries. The ridge
of Nimba
> mountains then runs SW to the 4544ft summit, Gbaam, which is the
highest
> point in Liberia. Somewhere in between, at a point Biger calls
Mount Neun,
> is the tripoint. I've never been able to track down a position for
this
> mountain, but it's at the headwaters of what Biger calls the Neun
River,
> which appears as the Nuon on this map.
> Biger's description of the river courses are inconsistent with this
map,
> which is frustrating - he implies that the source of the Cavally
River is