Subject: Re: gvivli
Date: Apr 03, 2002 @ 17:15
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

this map & peters recently added map seem to agree substantially
about the tripoint position
tho there do remain the various conflicting ideas about the source of
the nuon to be sorted out
all of which makes me wonder at this point whether the most practical
& correct approach to the tripoint wouldnt just be by a careful
sawanabori of the nuon extended if necessary above its normal source
all the way up to the watershed at the ridge line

do we have any more credible data or better approach

i dont think so

also wondering whether any of marcels recently offered pics couldnt
be scrutinized for the potentially pinpoint conjunction of these 2
features just so as to upgrade his virtual visit in this way from
elusive class e to an at least presumptive class d

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@b...>
wrote:
> > Guinea/Ivory Coast/Liberia tripoint:
> Unfortunately, the tripoint isn't on Mont Nimba, as the attached
Global
> Explorer map shows. The 5748ft summit on the Guinea/Cote d'Ivoire
border is
> Nimba, which is the highest peak in both those countries. The ridge
of Nimba
> mountains then runs SW to the 4544ft summit, Gbaam, which is the
highest
> point in Liberia. Somewhere in between, at a point Biger calls
Mount Neun,
> is the tripoint. I've never been able to track down a position for
this
> mountain, but it's at the headwaters of what Biger calls the Neun
River,
> which appears as the Nuon on this map.
> Biger's description of the river courses are inconsistent with this
map,
> which is frustrating - he implies that the source of the Cavally
River is