Subject: Re: US-Mexico Joint Projects
Date: Apr 02, 2002 @ 18:03
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

victor
what i wanted to add yesterday when i had to run is that i am
grateful for what you said here below to redeem the natural beauty &
freshness of the border field area in my mind
for it is an important area not only because the visible mxus line
ends in the sea there but also because of 2 or 3 little known
tripoints associated with it

the first of these
bccamx
is right there on the beach on the mexican side of the wall where the
monumented dry mxus line falls to within 20 or 10 horizontal meters
of the high tide mark
tho i forget which of these numbers is the legally correct one
oops

but whichever it is
this is the point where the mexican federal maritime territory meets
california & the mexican state of baja california norte

it is strange & possibly unique in the world that the mexican federal
seas include this dry margin along the beach but they do

it is as if they have a couple of extra long narrow federal districts
running the full length of both their coasts
but i figure these must be interrupted by coastal cities etc

in any case if you should find a mexican marker at that position on
the monumented mxus line
as distinct from the common sort of international mxus marker
you will be the first to find any mexican federative marker anywhere

i have looked for several other & more obvious prospects elsewhere
along the mxus line but havent found a one

the other 2 tripoints are in the sea along the westward projection of
the monumented mxus line

bccaus
at about 3 nautical miles seaward
or where american federal seas meet california waters
is likely to be visible on a clear day

& elmxus
at about 12 nautical miles seaward
thus perhaps at the horizon on a very clear day if you are sitting on
top of the wall & wishfully thinking
the point where american & mexican territorial seas meet the high
seas or what we have sometimes been calling everyones land &
abbreviating el

this last point is also a quadripoint of sorts
mxusmxus
where the exclusive economic zones of both countries meet the
territorial seas of both
an important point either way you look at it if indeed you care & are
lucky enough to glimpse it

must run again
but that about covers it anyway

regards

this message reconstitutes & replaces another message that for some
reason hasnt yet arrived at bp
so dont mind if a similar yet nonidentical message should float in
one day