Subject: Re: US-Mexico Joint Projects
Date: Apr 01, 2002 @ 15:59
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "drpotatoes" <drpotatoes@h...> wrote:
> Hi m,
>
> The photos I posted are in the 'Photos' category on the left of
this
> page, click on that and there's a category for US/MEX border
photos.
> I'll be posting more since that's my specialty as i get them.

ok thanxxx victor
these are interesting & please do
more comments below

> The last time I was in Yuma running south the 23 miles to San Louis
> RC in Sonora i was more into borders and the thought of tripoints
> hadn't crossed my mind at that time. It was about 3 years ago, but
> it's only about 3 hours drive from my house so I'll go and check it
> out. There's actually 2 tripoints there, CA/BC/AZ and SON/BC/AZ,
> within a few miles of each other. I'll get there soon and take some
> photos and post them here.

exactly
& great since i was foolish enough to visit them both recently
without a camera & was wishing someone like you would come along to
do just this

i must tell you tho that bp member jack parsell has evidently already
made the ultimate visit to azbcso by walking out to the intersection
of the monument line & the thread of the stream bed there on a rare
occasion when the colorado was bone dry & that will be hard for you
to match

your best shots there may be a panoramic overview northward from the
bridge on the transmexican highway &or a view westward along the
monument line down into the stream

> In regards to the cable car ride, I am intrigued. How did you
access
> it? From the AZ side? or in BC (Los Algodones?).

the cables & car run between a pair of towers on both sides of the
river in arizona & baja respectively but the cable car itself was
locked to the more heavily fortified american one

i visited & climbed both towers & even tried the lock on the cable
car which is on the arizona tower

you can best access the baja tower tho from california by simply
walking around the end of the wall that terminates just there no
kidding

a shot at the tripoint itself however even with the help of the
towers may prove extremely difficult in the thick vegetation without
a machete

here too it may be glimpsed at the intersection of the monument line
& the thread of the stream

It seems like a
> little out of the place there for a cable car as I remember the
area
> full of cotton fields.

the cable car may be for gauging the stream flow
not sure
& i must run from this computer now
apologies
later

Not a whole lot of pedestrian traffic except