Subject: Re: Chile's tripoints pics
Date: Apr 01, 2002 @ 17:21
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

marcel

> > I think I've found a new virtual virgin first class tripoint:
> > Venezuela/Brasil/Guyana:
> > http://www.fulldayturismo.com/show/pics_es.html
>
> this is actually an improvement on the brgyve pic linked in message
> 2327 since the new pic is closer in & also since one of the people
in
> it is actually reaching toward the exact presumptive tripoint
itself
> which however is apparently still a few inches from losing its
> absolute virginity

another look at both pix gives the distinct impression that the
monument is listing a bit
hence the true tripoint position could well be on or very close to
the left hand of your upreaching subject
so i would say you have virtually achieved a class a visit here

more comments follow

> >Now i'm searching from a
> > picture of the El Salvador/Honduras/Guatemala "trifinio", placed
at
> the
> > Cerro Montecristo. Would you help me?

yes i can help now
you will have to improve on jespers probable class d shot in message
5581 here again too
which also beat an earlier probable shot thru the cloud forest

also i have finally glimpsed your beautiful boclpe obelisk
more congrats
& your arbocl cerro zapaleri pic is inspiring even if it isnt clear
where in the photo that tripoint falls

do you think it is at the snowcap or at the apparently higher dry cap

maybe the snowcap with optical illusion is a better bet