Subject: Re: German Exclave in the Vatican
Date: Feb 27, 2002 @ 19:17
Author: marcelmiquel@navegalia.com (<marcelmiquel@...>)

>Anyone that can read Italian quicker than I can (which is at the pace
>of an Italian traffic jam) may find some interesting information
>here: http://www.amicus.it/leggi/Patti_Lateranensi/
>
>Still no maps, alas.
>
>Peter S.

Very interesting link, Peter. I think the most interesting part is
the “L. 27 maggio 1929, n. 810. - Esecuzione del Trattato, dei quattro
allegati annessi c del Concordato, sottoscritti in Roma, fra la Santa
Sede e I'Italia, l'11 febbraio 1929.”. If we read to the art. 15, I
think that we will have to agree that all the extraterriorial vatican
possessions are in italian territory. If my traslation is correct, all
the pieces named in the art. 13 ( st Giovanni, Sta. Maria Maggiori,
St. Paolo, San Calisto) , art. 14 ( Castelgandolfo and others ) , and
art 15 ( Santo’Offizio, Propaganda fide and others ) “although making
part of the territory of the Italian State” (!!!!!) “will enjoy the
immunity recognized from the international right to the centers of the
diplomatic agents of foreign States.”

At the end of this treaty, there’s a summary of annexes:
“fist annex: Map of the territory of Vatican City
second annex: Map of the buildings with extraterritorial privilege and
fiscal and expropiation exemption.
Third annex: map of the buildings with fiscal and expropiation
exemption.”

So I think that all of the extraterritorial pieces are in Italian
territory, but several of this zones, like an embassy, have
a “extraterritorial privilege”.

It’s a pity that we can’t see these maps.

Marcel

Dale un toque personal a tu móvil con los logos más divertidos en:
http://www.vizzavi.es/Logos