Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: African borders
Date: Jan 06, 2002 @ 21:37
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

corpus christi tx

peter i am not getting this link here but if you bagged that point on the
web as i surmise you have then you are the ultimate maestro of that game
also very tastefully done at karakoram

& jesper i can see you have realized that the unmarked &or unknown try
points on the ground are unsurpassed in their challenge & therefore fun

my own siege of the texas nuevo leon tripoints nutatx & conutx of that
category ended in considerable rejoicing friday afternoon when i bagged
first the tamaulipas tripoint class d from the colombia bridge
& with a photo yet
over objections & prohibitions by the yanko border guards
& then created a magnificent double exray shot of both the usgs & delorme
versions of the coahuila tripoint
even better than my recent single exray visit to chcotx
which i suppose makes this a first class ee or class e pair
in a single wide angle shot at probably halfmile & mile range respectively
but blocked in both cases by impenetrable veggies
& it was worth the additional warnings i had to endure upon my emergence at
the roadside from the now exercised rancher
who recited the usual litany of horrors plus rattlesnakes & sheriff now
but never mentioned the tarantulas or cougars or scorpions

& that is only a thin digest of these past 2 overexcited days of narrow
escapes including a whole streak of mishaps which tho inconsequential did
announce that we had reached the end of our envelope & in fact the end of
our series of 6 tries at the 8 mxus tripoints

so after a night spent in bagging a fresh point of weed on the streets of
corpus & other kerouwackian delights we are now taking a well earned rest at
the beach here and looking forward only to some relatively tame united
states federal maritime tripoints latxus lamsus almsus & alflus & well
perhaps a quadparish for the near future