Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] adesfr: more pics
Date: Jan 06, 2002 @ 18:29
Author: Eef Berns ("Eef Berns" <eefberns@dds.nl>)

Marcel, Peter en Peter, thanks for the pics & links. My comments:

1. regarding the French maps: I found another 1:50.000 map (Pyrénées carte
no8, 4th ed. 1991) which shows also the tp at the very spot of the pass
Portella Blanca. This in contrary to the 1:50000 carte no7, 3th ed. 1993)
which shows the tp 200 meters to the south and which is shown at my
andorra-tp-webpage. This map must be a misstake, all the other French maps
I've seen positions the tp at the pass in conformation with the
French-Spanish border-agreement (1868).

2. The eurorando-monument at the portella blanca pass must be put a few
meters south of bordermarker 427. The view is south-east. The picture
explains the 'blanca'-aspect of the pass: the eroded surface is chalk-ish
and is visible from far distance (and on the arial pics).

3. The arial pictures of portella blanca: it's difficult to recognize the
the particularities of the spot on these flat pictures. Marcel, by comparing
them with the various maps, I think that the Spanish border-version is a bit
different. The French put the tp exactly at the pass, the Spanish 1:10.000 &
25.000 maps shows it 10-25 meters to the s.s.w. See the attachment, my
correction is in yellow and is on the whole marginal.

4. the arial pics and map-scan of pic de medecourbe confuse me. The pic is
much more to the west than I thought. Clearly visible on the map-scan is a
pass to the west of the lake. My French 1:50.000 & Andorran 1:25.000 maps
mark this pass as the spanish-andorran border which is here basically from
south to north. They show the tp Pic de Medecourbe to the n.n.w. of the pass
which is still more to the east than shown at marcel's map-scan. Strange.

vriendelijke groet, Eef Berns

websites:
- de grenspalen van Nederland: http://huizen.dds.nl/~eefberns