Subject: Re: African borders
Date: Jan 04, 2002 @ 08:01
Author: jesniel ("jesniel" <jesniel@...>)

Giving up for an international or provinsial South African tp, I decided for
a minucipal - perhaps the very first attempt by a freak.

My wife has a friend working for Stellenbosch municipality and I asked her
for a map. Offcourse I had o explain that boundaries are more important than
anything else on the map. They had a 1:80 000

I saw that Cape Town-Drakenstein-Stellenbosch is only 10 km from me, and
went looking for it. Initially I misread the map, but luckily I had a road
atlas that showed things better, and I realized that the tp was at the road
rather than the bush. I did find earlier a local atlas that showed the tp
far away from the road, so I am not sure if I was on the right spot.

Anyway according to the municipality map I had to find a road inbetween a
highway crossing and a 4 way dirt road crossing - and that's easy. That's
where the tp should be. Off course no markers - but I took some pics - which
I will post later.

Jesper