Subject: Re: substandard dutch territorial sea in question
Date: Dec 10, 2001 @ 19:09
Author: ps1966nl ("ps1966nl" <smaardijk@...>)

michael donner:
> >In that case, the belt of Dutch territorial waters is
> >narrower than the 12 nm.
>
> but wait because i really really think i absolutely followed you up
to this
> point yet now i think i have completely lost you & this would be
staggering
> news anyway if true i mean your conclusion may be correct & is
certainly
> exciting but could you say again how you got there

What I mean is that territorial waters are not equal in sovereignty
to dry territory (although much more similar in this respect than
EEZ's are to dry territory, of course), but internal waters are
equal. I suspect (although I'm not sure, and if anyone can prove me
wrong I'd be more than happy to admit it that I am wrong) that the
narrow strip before the Dutch coast is legally treated as your
average small lake somewhere in the middle of the Netherlands. And
thus not as territorial waters.

Peter S.