Subject: Re: gbfrnl, evhritsi, cafr, etc
Date: Dec 08, 2001 @ 16:52
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Michael:
>> I can see where you're coming from with that - the stronger juju
>> and better mojo of the French territorial sea overwhelms the feeble
GB
>> EEZ.
> no i am not coming from there tho that would be funny [...]
> only then is there any point talking about eezs or any other less
> than sovereign territorial claims since claims of actual sovereignty
> must naturally trump claims to sovereign rights
Which is what I meant, tongue in cheek, by "stronger juju and better
mojo".

>> My topological problem didn't come from the two layers, but from
the >> single point. It comes from my perfs and frags interest: Is an
entity
>> connected to its parent by a single point an exclave or not?
> ahh well that conundrum you have already faced at least twice before
> if i am not mistaken
[Sound of forehead being slapped, followed by faint clatter of scales
dislodged from eyes] Of course. The Baarle exclave count has been
around so long it antedated my understanding that two of the exclaves
joined catercorner. So my count already acknowledges an example of
such an arrangement. For consistencey, and by previous example, the
wet Croatian triangle is an exclave.

Grant