Subject: Re: gbfrnl, evhritsi, cafr, etc
Date: Dec 07, 2001 @ 22:42
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Peter:
> But the maps that I do find, sometimes have the
> boundary turning point like on the map that you posted, but sometimes
> they don't. An example of the latter is http://www.caribbean-on-
> line.com/sm/smmap.shtml . I really don't know what is the truth here.
Yes, there's not a lot of consistency in the maps I've seen. But from
the point of view of the equidistance line, the dry turning point
isn't that important - so long as the border reaches water along that
SW-facing line of beaches, the equidistance line is going to trend SW.
Have you seen a map with the border reaching the western shore
elsewhere? Prescott's equidistance line looks as if it must be taking
its origin from the western tip of the island.
Grant