Subject: Re: Where is the enclave?
Date: Nov 26, 2001 @ 18:31
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., orc@o... wrote:
> way back in message 3925 <marcelmiquel@n...> wrote:
> > I¹ve attached two maps. I assume that this is tertiary enclave,
but my doubt is: if it was a primary one, where would be the mainland
and where the enclave? . As you can see, the municipality¹s capital
of Tremp is a small territory surronded by another municipality ,
and there are three bits of land owned by Tremp, one of them at least
50 times bigger than the ³mainland². So, my question is: The
capital¹s territory is an enclave ( considering the biggest as the
mainland ) or not? I think it doesn¹t exist a case like this in
primary level. I think the closest one would be Equatorial Guinea.

Yeah, a belated one from me, too. Marcel, can you tell us more about
Tremp? How on earth did that map get the way it is? It looks great.

> & the matter was briefly entertained in message 3928 by arif before
the con=
> versation turned away tho the subject title remained
>
> so you are all probably saying oh no not this again
>
> but we have in fact scarcely begun to talk about it

What about all those European countries with lots of colonies back in
the 19th century? All those Papua children having to learn at school
that their capital was either Amsterdam, London, or Berlin? And those
colonial subjects in big chunks of Africa having to learn to be proud
of some popular revolution back in 1789 in a far-away place called
Paris that finally liberated the ordinary people?

Peter S.