Subject: Re: Another Büsingen map
Date: Nov 24, 2001 @ 14:35
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

On both maps I have seen before this one (the "Farmer G." map, as I
call it, and the recently posted topomap), Buesingen boundary marker
no. 7 is on the north side of the road, just like nos. 6, 8, and 9,
leaving this road entirely in Germany (until the crossroads at no.
6). But on this map, no. 7 is on the south side! I find this very
strange! Was the road changed (unlikely), was the boundary changed
(even more unlikely), or is this an error on the map? A very strange
error to make, however!

I would say that the most likely cause is that no. 7 was illegally
moved to the other side of the road, and the maker of this map
consequently was misled about the course of the boundary. Although I
realise that this too is a very wild guess and only sounds a trifle
more likely than the other possibilities.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen"