Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: US counties, unincorprated territories
Date: Nov 09, 2001 @ 04:14
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

anton
this former power has actually already been discharged in the erection of
new mexico oklahoma kansas colorado & wyoming into states out of parts of
the republic of texas

the power probably no longer inheres
per bus&ss

so texas is not fundamentally different peter
other than in the 2 ways i mentioned previously

also brendan
lets not write off the confederacy
nor the republic of california
etc